Status: Full-Time (40 hours per week) Employee
Location: Work majority from home
Rate: $52,000 - $100,000+ (negotiable)
Bilingual bonus: Spanish-speaking candidates are encouraged to apply
Nicole Miller & Associates, Inc., is a full-service independent investigative firm serving public and private sector clients throughout Southern California. We have earned a reputation as the leading independent investigators in our field and have overseen thousands of human resource and civil investigations. For more information, please visit our website www.nicolemillerandassociates.com
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
• Full-time position
• Flexible/alternative work schedule
• Work majority from home (non-field days)
• Employee Match IRA retirement program
• Health Insurance Benefits
• Strong salaries commensurate to your work ethic and work product
• Travel time to and from interview locations is paid for by the firm
• Content of work is rewarding, challenging, and exciting
• Abundant constructive and collaborative feedback to advance your skillset and further your career
• Training into a Lead Investigator position - you can become a Licensed Private Investigator
Conducts detailed human resource and civil investigations. This is an amazing career with great opportunity for growth, but it is not for everyone - demands concentration, high work ethic, attention to detail, creativity, and intelligence. Must have the capability to summarize facts and communicate with clients.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• participating in all steps of the investigative process (compiling interview preparation documents; creating witness lists/schedules; requesting necessary documentation/exhibits/personnel records)
• attending investigatory interviews in tandem with the lead investigator and taking detailed and copious notes of the interview;
• writing detailed and factually accurate interview summaries;
• managing relevant case file exhibits (electronic, paper, etc.);
• conducting pertinent case research;
• conducting follow-up telephone interviews with witnesses if needed; and
• writing thorough, comprehensive, and factually accurate summaries of findings at the conclusion of investigations based on the evidence gathered (witness statements, documentation, exhibits, relevant HR policies, etc.).
• Four-year college degree
• At least four years of work experience after graduation from college
• Strong writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word
• Since writing is 80% of the position, the candidate must pass a mock writing test to be considered
• Typing speed of at least 80 WPM
• Own a laptop and vehicle
• Flexible schedule during training period
• Applicants residing in the Orange county area are encouraged to apply.
• Applicants outside the Southern California area will not be considered.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Candidates who are successful in this position meet or exceed the minimum requirements, and also exhibit the following skill set:
• Self-motivated with exceptional organization and time management
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Highly professional and courteous communication style
• Independent, critical thinking and analytical - must enjoy research and being attentive to detail
• Reliable, trustworthy, and dependable
• Capable of working calmly under pressure and deadlines
• Technologically savvy
• Typically candidates who are the most successful writers tend to love reading and learning
• Open to constructive criticism and a team-focused mentality
• Not emotional regarding case subjects or investigation participants and ability to remain focused on facts
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
If you meet or exceed the minimum requirements and believe you are an ideal candidate, please provide the following:
1. Cover letter, resume, transcripts, and a writing sample.
2. Please DO NOT contact company employees with inquiries regarding your application. The company will contact candidates with requests for interviews.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers