compensation: $14 an hour - Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We're seeking a part-time proofreader who can transfer into full time depending to experience within the first 3 months.
We're one of the largest publishers online. Our new department is expanding.
This job requires reviewing the final draft of a piece of writing to ensure consistency and accuracy in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
- Proofreaders do exactly what their job title suggests: they proofread materials for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, consistency, content writing and brand voice. Proofreaders review and markup written work, such as marketing materials (brochures and flyers) and internal documents. Proofreaders also proof digital communications and correspondence, including emails, press releases, and website text.
Crosscheck References and Data
- Proofreaders are tasked with ensuring the accuracy of content. They verify the accuracy of all referenced facts (e.g., dates, pages, values) and double-check cross-referenced materials (e.g., websites, newspapers). Proofreaders may also be required to maintain source and reference logs to support their work.
Review Output for Consistency
- Proofreaders also review content with an eye towards campaign, product, or brand consistency. Accordingly, proofreaders are familiar with company-wide work to maintain consistency.
Collaborate with Team Members
- Proofreaders, working as part of a larger editing team, attend team meetings, provide constructive editorial input, and communicate with team members to effectuate consistent, accurate, and high-quality work product.
Improve Editing Processes
- Proofreaders are often asked to suggest process improvements. Through their daily exposure to copy and procedures, proofreaders can evaluate and recommend changes to create efficiencies.
Bachelors Degree required, in English or Journalism field is a plus.
1+ years experience working as a proofreader
Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and function in a fast paced environment
The Proofreader/Copy Editor is a PART TIME position for the first 90 days (3 months).
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers