Private Security Company seeks a professional, energetic, detail-oriented and dependable Scheduler.
Our niche in this industry is fast paced. You will be scheduling from a database of anywhere between 300 and 400 guards.
Job Summary: Establishes, maintains and reviews schedules; matches available staff to posts; prints and distributes schedules; minimizes avoidable overtime; contacts and redeploys staff to fill call-offs; responds to schedule changes and client requests; inputs information into automated resource system.
Essential Functions: The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
• Schedules Security Officers and supervisors at client sites; manages the scheduling process to optimize operating results and to keep avoidable overtime (AVOT) to a minimum; resolves staffing issues and problems as directed by Branch management.
• Maintains site coverage at all times; tracks requests for time off including vacation and personal leave requests to ensure site coverage; responds to emergency situations, call-offs, and absences to ensure that client sites have coverage; acts as call in center for remote posts.
• Maintains current knowledge of site staffing requirements, Field Staff availability and time worked, and of client exclusion lists.
• Coordinates scheduling changes with management, supervisors, and staff; serves as a liaison with clients and management, supervisors and staff in resolving scheduling.
• Ensures that an adequate on call field staff force is available to cover vacancies created by absences and call-offs.
• Coordinates the daily schedules and assignments of Field Employees and briefs managers on changes to post schedules and new Field Employee’s schedules.
• Advises Branch management and/or Human Resources staff of openings as they occur; communicates with Field Employees via phone and email to ascertain their availability for various shifts; matches Field Employees with site requirements and qualifications.
• Recommends removal of Field Employees from posts based on client complaints, attendance problems or other performance issues; advises management of any staffing problems that may arise as client requirements change.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private). Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently. Bilingual a plus
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including a background investigation.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• Understanding of security operations.
• Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
• Ability to understand and provide instructions in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
• Ability to use personal Apple computers, hand held devices and office productivity software.
• Ability to write logs and reports.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Ability to be an effective team member.
• Courteous telephone manner.
• Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands) With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Computer, phone usage.
• Regular talking and hearing.
• Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers