POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position)
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer serves to protect the company assets, maintains a secure workplace and the safety of employees, visitors and vendors. The position requires outstanding customer service and interaction with executives, employee's, general public and law enforcement as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor employee and visitor entrances and exits from the buildings
• Conduct random bag checks on employees leaving the buildings
• Monitor facilities CCTV and Card Access systems
• Identify and report any internal or external theft
• Responds to all requests with a sense of urgency
• Maintain communications with Loss Prevention Management
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with employees and local law enforcement officials and agencies
• Following corporate guidelines and applicable laws, apprehend employee's and others observed stealing from the Company
• Complete and/or assist with CCTV equipment installation, as requested by your supervisor
• As directed by Loss Prevention Management, conduct surveillance operations and other investigations
• Conduct operation audits, and complete safety inspections
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
• Model the "St. John Way"
• Does not have any Supervisory responsibilities.
• Interacts with all levels of the organization, including employees, consultants and outside vendors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Results Oriented
• Honesty and Integrity
• Embraces Change
• Team Interaction and Team Attitude
• Attention To Detail
• Service Orientation
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• CPR/First Aid Certification preferred but not required Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers, and management
• Knowledge of Loss Prevention and/or security procedures preferred, but not required
**This position will combine 8:30AM-5PM and Graveyard Shifts**
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-able individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Standing, walking and squatting the majority of the work shift
• Ability to climb ladders or stairs
• Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers