compensation: depending on experience/education employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Changing social beliefs, attitudes and the behaviors that perpetuate domestic violence while creating a safe space in which to empower individuals and families affected by abuse.
Laura’s House is looking for someone who is/has:
▪ Strategic, organized, and is passionate about helping people.
▪ Experience running a district/business (P&L management, sales forecasting, team development, staffing, and expense control).
▪ A proven track record of operational growth/expansion, driving top line sales growth, creating streamlined/efficient processes and is creative.
▪ Relational (customer service, team building (volunteer/staff), community partner collaboration).
Our growing resale business is seeking a District Manager who can create productive working atmospheres in our current two stores. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating the overall vision for each store, establishing benchmarks for store staff and volunteer teams and implementing policies and programs that will help those teams achieve their goals. Our strategic plan includes the growth of a third store and a warehouse for storage and processing. And experience with this type of growth is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Managing & motivating store managers to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
• Maintaining awareness of market trends, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
• Ensures all company standards and best practices are executed with excellence. Leverage all available data to understand, problem solve and proactively support business trends.
• Oversee store operations; creative merchandising and marketing, human resources; customer care; logistics; information technology; public relations; and administration.
• Responsible for delivering results: sales growth, productivity, talent development, community outreach and training.
• Responsible for outlining a comprehensive recruiting and training program for store managers as it pertains
to staff and volunteers -which includes increasing numbers of volunteers for each store and fine tuning
• Adept at preparing and balancing budgets and approving expenditures.
• Immediately address any lapses in compliance with corporate policies or local, state and federal laws
• Act as a coach to the store managers and as a resource to each store employee to help inspire the success of
• Ensure work aligns with our Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Initiatives and that everyone on the team
understands their role in making this happen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required
• 5+ years’ experience in retail store management
• 2+ years’ experience managing multiple store locations
• Proven ability to create policies that generate profits in multiple retail sales locations
• Strong interpersonal communication and negotiations skills
• Ability to create and implement strong training programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels
• Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to interpret all policies and procedures to resolve customer and employee issues
• Strong time management skills; ability to multitask effectively.
• Strong emphasis/experience in the store operations function and/or customer service industry.
• Ability to cooperate and work well with others.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must be computer efficient.
• Requires long hours of standing, sometimes in one spot.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to bend and/or reach in order to stock shelves and hang clothes.
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers