compensation: depending upon experience/education employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Changing social beliefs, attitudes and the behaviors that perpetuate domestic violence while creating a safe space in which to empower individuals and families affected by abuse.
Positions available in our San Juan Capistrano and Lake Forest locations
Customer Service Associate is responsible for operating cash register, providing exceptional customer service while supporting Laura's House cause, preparing donations for sales floor and maintaining cleanliness and safety of the store.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Count the register before the store opens to make sure cash drawer is correct and balance the register at the end of the day.
• Open the store and run the register.
• Assist in creating a pleasant and hospitable work environment and maintain good customer, donor, and volunteer relationships.
• Serve all customers in a courteous, efficient manner, speaking to all customers about Laura's House and the mission.
• Put merchandise on sales floor after being processed and manage all "Go Backs"
• Assist in sorting donations. Includes tagging, organizing and merchandising donated items.
• Handle donations with care and donors with respect and courtesy.
• When not on register, dust shelves, top of racks, and furniture on bottom level of store, sweep/vacuum, clean windows, mirrors, glass cases and any other cleaning duties as specified on opening/closing check list.
• Make sure outside front of store is free of papers and trash.
• Answer the phone and schedule pickups.
• Handle merchandise as directed, always maintaining proper categories and colorization.
• Promote a safe working environment.
• Other duties as assigned by Assistant Store Manager and/or General Manager.
• Maintain confidentiality of clients and customers.
• Do not discuss personal issues with customers.
• Represent the Agency in a positive and professional manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have a basic understanding of math.
• High school or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must know how to run a register.
• Must be able to give correct change.
• Must be able to multi task.
• Ability to cooperate and work well with others.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Requires long hours of standing, sometimes in one spot.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to bend and/or reach in order to stock shelves and hang clothes
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers