compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
World of Dance is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Office Coordinator to join our team. We want to work with someone who is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow. You will be trained to perform a variety of bookkeeping tasks, support the executives, handle back-office functions, and improve operational efficiency. In addition to our hit TV show World of Dance on NBC with Jennifer Lopez, we recently joined forces with leading dance fitness company, U-Jam.
You are an intelligent, detail-oriented person whose awesomeness spans many aspects of life. You like working with inspiring people who listen to good music and laugh a lot. You are more comfortable in a casual office setting than in a soul-crushing cubicle. You can say with 100% certainty that you make it happen and love challenging problems.
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with camaraderie and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. Our mission is to inspire a movement that celebrates the human spirit, aspiring to be ever greater and move together.
Day to day, you will perform a variety of bookkeeping tasks, handle back-office functions, and provide administrative support for the World of Dance principals including:
- Basic bookkeeping including accounts payable, billing, payroll, and bank reconciliations
- Office management tasks including ordering supplies, planning company events, and running company errands
- HR tasks including recruiting, benefits administration, and employee onboarding
- Executive support including scheduling meetings, booking travel, and other assignments (research, presentations, etc.)
- You may be asked to assist with other event planning tasks including hotel and flight booking, drafting and facilitating talent agreements, recruiting volunteers, and ensuring event promotions are scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of one year experience working in an agency, office or customer service role
- Have or be working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize essential
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint is essential (this may be tested prior to hiring)
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to provide exceptional customer service and pick up new tasks quickly
- Quickbooks Online experience a plus
- Interest in dance, fitness, entertainment, media, and advertising a plus
Health insurance, generous vacation days and paid holidays, downtown Fullerton office, behind the scenes access at live shows, free WOD apparel
HOW TO APPLY
Your resume and cover letter will only be accepted as PDFs we receive via email. We'll open your resume if you write a compelling cover letter in the body of your email (that includes detailed information about how your experience and education makes you the perfect fit for this position). We'll open your email if you format the subject line in the following way:
Office Coordinator : Full Name : Favorite Song
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers