QR Code Link to This Post
Under supervision of the Clinic Manager, this position performs administrative tasks to keep Southland Integrated Services, Inc. running smoothly on a daily basis. This position is the primary contact point between patients and medical personnel. Patient Support’s job duties include but are not limited to answering phone calls, schedule appointments, maintain patient check-ins, answering non-medical questions, processing various medical insurance authorizations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Providing excellent customer service by answering phone calls, receives and delivers messages, processes incoming and outgoing mail, as well as receives/processes calls from hospitals, laboratories, and specialists for results.
• Greeting patients to the clinic and answers preliminary non-medical questions related but not limited to internal agency-wide resources and social services agencies.
• Maintaining patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
• Scheduling patient appointments and explains clinic policies to patients.
• Calling to remind patients of their appointments and/or makes appointments for the patients per the request of the physician for lab/X-ray results.
• Checking eligibility and benefits verification for patients.
• Data entry into various medical/dental software systems: eClinicalWorks.
• Processing, recording, and following-up on medical authorizations.
• Complying with Southland’s policies and procedures along with HIPAA regulations.
• Collecting copayments and/or share-of-cost from patients.
• Adhering to policy and procedures during all activities.
• Performing other administrative duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to satisfactorily complete job:
• Having high school diploma/GED or higher education
• Having at least two (2) years of medical receptionist/customer experience.
• Knowledge of clinic and patient protocols as well as HIPAA regulations.
• General office and secretarial skills with knowledge of computer technology.
• Flexibility –as job duties are subject to change in order to provide the best client service available.
• Ability to proceed on own initiative using independent judgment and discretion.
• Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal and time management skills.
• Familiarity with medical/dental records administration and eClinicalWorks system.
• Bi-lingual in English and Vietnamese.
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
• Ability to use discretion while working with sensitive information.
• Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work well in a team setting as well as independently.
In the course of performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, standing, walking, typing, filing, listening and speaking.