Manage all aspects of Warehouse Operations including receiving, shipping, order pulling for work orders, and internal and external logistics.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be a leader and a decision-maker while establishing direction, performance and budgetary goals for the department.
• Be a team player while interfacing directly with all departments and address concerns in relation to warehouse operations and effectively implementing solutions.
• Oversee warehouse department managers are reviewing, updating, training and following all SOPs.
• Plan, direct and organize warehouse operations and determine space requirements along with workforce requirements based on seasonal forecasts.
• Monitor daily progress of work order pulls to ensure that production workflow is continuous and stays on plan.
• Define strategic opportunities for the company to provide better customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Control warehouse systems and performance in multiple warehouse locations while ensuring appropriate stock rotation using FEFO lot control throughout the system.
• Evaluate warehouse metrics and performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Monitor and control seasonal labor costs through the development and training of employees and creating a flexible workforce and creating synergies between work groups and departments.
• Research, recommend and justify warehouse technology improvements to improve productivity.
• Develop control measures to enhance successful on time shipments from all warehousing locations; minimizing inter-warehouse transfers.
• Negotiate favorable contracts on all material handling equipment, truck, trailer rentals and favorable truckload and LTL rates.
• Interface with VP of Production and Director of Purchasing to develop tactical and strategic direction with a focus upon process improvement and cost reduction.
• Work with the Compliance Manager to ensure that all food defense requirements are being implemented and enforced.
• Implement, train and enforce safety procedures and processes consistently throughout the organization.
• Candidate should be able to lead and be a self-starter needing minimal direction with the ability to make decisions and solve problems; be analytical and comfortable with multi-cultural teams; be able to set standards and drive strategy across the organization; have a bias for action; be an effective communicator; be a leader.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• At least 10 years experience in Warehouse and/or logistics management.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
• Management experience with direct reports.
• Exposure to international logistics and transportation across all modes.
• Understand warehouse management.
• Be familiar with WMS technology, transportation and logistics.
• Experience in best Safety practices in a warehouse environment.
• An understanding of Manufacturing and MRP.
• Budgeting experience with a large workforce.
• Record of analytical work justifying changes to logistics and warehouse strategy.
• Exposure to consumer goods retailers and familiarity of their delivery requirements would be useful.
• Be well versed in MS Office applications; especially Excel and Word.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers