Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in California who has a litigation background in both federal and state Court. If you have previously assisted attorneys remotely, take pride in your work, pay meticulous attention to the details, and are certified as a paralegal in California, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have at least four years of litigation experience and will have worked in a California law firm within the last six months. Our clients practice in a wide range of areas, including personal injury, medical malpractice, environmental law, intellectual property litigation, contract litigation, and employment law. Experience in a wide range of practice areas would be an asset. The selected candidate will be very technologically adept and have excellent Word, Excel, and Adobe skills. In addition, the candidate should have experience working with cloud-based practice management software.
More about our company:
Equivity provides virtual assistance to clients across the United States, with specialties in administrative, marketing, and paralegal support services. Equivity works closely with our clients to provide them with virtual paralegals who are experienced in their field and have successfully worked in a remote or virtual environment. Our law firm clients range from solo practitioners to multi-partner firms, and run across all specialty areas of law including litigation, family law, bankruptcy, real estate, and much more.
Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during business hours within one hour by email, phone, and text and be available to work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor. We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $20.50 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
These qualifications are required:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Paralegal certificate (qualified as a paralegal in California) with up-to-date MCLE
• 4+ years of experience working in a litigation practice in California
• Proficiency in using a cloud-based practice management system, such as Clio or MyCase
• Expert with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Proficient with Google suite of programs
• Proficient with creating PDFs in Adobe, including features such as bookmarks
• Availability to make and respond to calls in a professional setting between 9 AM and 6 PM Pacific Time
• Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
• Quiet location in which to take phone calls
These qualifications are not required, but would be a plus:
• Experience in transactional, corporate, securities or intellectual property law
• Experience using law firm bookkeeping software for invoicing and timekeeping
• Experience with e-Discovery, such as Concordance, Summation, Trial Director, or NextPoint
• Experience in estate planning and probate law in California
• Experience with engagement letters, client invoicing, correspondence, document review and preparation
• Experience drafting form motions
• Quality control experience with a legal administrative records project
• Experience with case management
Qualities we are looking for:
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Technologically savvy
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight