Statewide law firm is currently seeking a full-time Legal Assistant for our Irvine office. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and paralegal support for our Business and Real Estate practice group to ensure that clients are provided the highest level of service on a daily basis.
QR Code Link to This Post
With over 40 years working in the California legal industry and 5 offices statewide, our firm has experienced continuous growth. We are committed to creating long-term relationships with our clients through excellent customer service. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Position is full-time; Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm and Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm.
• Provide high-volume overall administrative and paralegal assistance to multiple attorneys
• Prepare and coordinate legal documents, including discovery and motions
• Correspond regularly with the courts, clients, opposing counsel, and vendors
• Schedule and confirm appointments, hearings, mediations, and depositions
• Serve, copy, and file documents with the court (including e-filing)
• Prepare and finalize pre-bills
• Perform new client intake
• Open and close matters
• Sort, scan, and file mail and other documents
• Provide additional administrative support as needed by the attorneys and/or the department
• Paralegal certificate or equivalent training/experience
• General litigation experience
• Knowledge of federal and state laws in Business and Real Estate practice areas, and local rules and deadlines
• Strong research, writing, communication, and organizational skills
• Ability to work with inflexible deadlines and high-volume workload
• Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
• 3+ years of law firm or office experience
• Knowledge of ProLaw and Lexis Advanced
Why Should You Apply?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work/life balance, promotes inclusivity, and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
If you meet the requirements above, please submit your resume and cover letter with typing speed and salary requirements for consideration. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.