We are a well-established and consistently expanding Orange County-based construction company with a focus on environmentally related projects. As a Construction Worker, you will be a part of a team tasked with delivering a wide range of varied and challenging projects.
We are looking for clean living, honest team players who are not afraid of a hard day’s work. A good understanding of basic construction tasks (such as using hand tools, spotting, potholing, SWPPP controls, trench work, underground utilities, and any other relevant tasks) is preferred. Further skills such as equipment operation, excavation, backfilling, compaction, concrete, plumbing, electrical, etc. would be a distinct advantage… There is tremendous potential for career growth here for all candidates who show great work ethics, skillsets and aptitude.
Responsibilities will include:
• Using shovels, digging bars, brooms for manual potholing and excavations;
• Traffic control duties and construction zone housekeeping;
• Equipment and excavation spotting;
• SWPPP controls installation;
• Dust control;
• Install shoring, work in trenches, pipe installation;
• Maintaining a clean and safe working environment;
• Understanding the environmental aspect of operations and working in environments where impacted soils and/or chemicals of concern may be present;
• Perform other field and office duties if and when required.
• Preferably a minimum of 2 YEARS verifiable specific hands-on construction experience;
• Hazwoper 40hr certification or current 8hr Refresher required (if no Haz 40 at the time of the interview, the successful applicant can take this certification at their own cost prior to starting);
• Understanding of Health and Safety criteria, especially in an Environmental setting;
• Be able to read, take verbal direction and understand instructions in English;
• Able to pass a background check and drug test and hold a valid driving license;
• Able to lift to 50 pounds and operate hand tools above head height;
• Able to safely perform labor-intensive tasks throughout a busy day.
HOURLY POSITION | WAGES COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers