compensation: $15 to $18 based on experience and competency employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a home and community rehabilitation company for individuals with brain injury. We are dedicated to integrated treatment while actively collaborating with the participant and their support system during the transition process back into their community, improving functional outcomes, reducing long-term cumulative effects of brain injury and regaining quality of life.
The goal of the Habilitation Aide is to provide support and leadership for our individuals to participate in community activities as well as promote and enhance independent living skills. The Habilitation Worker would be responsible for assisting the individuals being served with certain independent living skills such as; activities of daily living skills, budgeting money, grocery shopping, travel destination training, decision making, problem solving, leisure skills, and safety awareness in the community. We are seeking a dynamic, personable, energetic and responsible person to work in this growing program, must have flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in team conferences and other pertinent meetings to assist in setting long-range goals and objectives for participants and for the program.
• Supervises and monitors the health and safety of participants in the program at all times while at the participant’s homes, in the community, or at an off-site recreation facility.
• Complies with all applicable government regulations.
• Develops and maintains relations with service providers in the community.
• Assesses and documents participants’ progress weekly.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with consumers, parents, care providers, co-workers and appropriate others.
• Consistently communicates with Case Manager, family members, and service providers regarding individuals served.
• Point person and liaison with the team especially the case managers, reporting all performance or team issues. Report to case manager on a weekly basis or more often as needed based on individual cases.
• Acts as a program monitor for all individuals served, filing incident and police reports when needed.
• Ensures all medical, therapy appointments, medications are maintained and documentation provided.
• Acts as an advocate on behalf of clients served, providing intervention and consultation as needed-Acts as Mandated reporter.
• Responsible for confirming scheduled meetings with participants, rescheduling if needed.
• Maintain accuracy and completion of information in the binder. Summarize the information and submit the information to the case manager.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
• Applicants must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with individuals with brain injury.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or in the healthcare field.
• Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree given preference; minimum of associate’s degree and two years related experience in a care giving or educational environment; hospital, school, day program, etc.
• Ability to relate in a positive and constructive manner with clients, their families, the community and staff members.
• Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing, client performance and social behavior.
• Utilization of critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational skills.
• Ability to recognize communication approach and needs of each participate to maximize effectiveness.
• Strong ability to work independently and maintain excellent communication.
• Must possess knowledge and creativity in regards to community resources.
• Flexible, positive, and cooperative approach to scheduling with participant.
• Obtain/maintain necessary certifications (CPR, First Aid)
• Valid Driver's License
• Varied and Flexible hours
Please email resume and cover letter or fax to (866) 266-8921
Job Type: Per-diem
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
• Bachelor’s degree
• working with individuals with developmental disabilities: 1 year
Required license or certification:
• driver's license
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers