QR Code Link to This Post
At Puesto we are uncommonly positive, we work hard to consistently exceed expectations and provide you with the opportunity to grow and learn. We are natural hosts, entertainers and party throwers. We feel this is the best job in the world because we get to do it every day, and we get to do it with a crew that loves doing this as much as we do.
You are a person who is passionate about food and has the ability to share that passion with our guests. You have the desire to join a busy, fun, hectic and rocking party environment! You love a good challenge and thrive when the going gets tough and trust us it always gets tough. Join us and help us bring our ideas and inspirations to light!
Our Line and Prep Cooks are incredible team players and maintain a high attention to detail while they prepare dishes with innovative flavors that will delight our guests’ palates! Be an incredible multitasker, you will always be managing several things at once, be attuned to the various levels of need of each order at any given moment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures that quality is never compromised, and service never delayed enabling the best guest experience possible.
• Prepares entrees according to restaurant standards by consistently following recipes and established techniques.
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
• Assists other cooks in achieving their goals and fostering teamwork.
• Execute opening or closing duties and maintain a clean and organized work area following our procedures.
• Prepares and presents menu items in specific station (line).
• Maintains the highest level of cleanliness in accordance with our standards.
• Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
• Rotates stock to maintain freshness and eliminate waste.
• Regular and predictable attendance for scheduled shifts.
• Practices established safety and emergency procedures.
• Undertakes other responsibilities as directed by the Chef.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
• Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Fluent in English, Spanish skills a plus
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1-2 years’ experience in a high-volume kitchen.
Valid California Food Handlers Card a plus.