ALC brings high quality performing arts programs to children throughout Southern California providing accessible and exceptional arts education programs regardless of race, age, income, or level.
Students confidently explore the arts within a family-feel environment. Our instructors are carefully selected for each assignment ensuring our students the highest level of both instruction and enjoyment throughout their educational experiences. We purpose to make each program meaningful, challenging and impacting.
Fall/Spring Description (class):
Arts & Learning Conservatory is accepting applications for Instrumental Specialists that are outgoing, detailed oriented and child focused to train students in either string or band instruction. This position occurs during the course of 10 months and will conclude with a class concert. Instructors direct, and meet with their class 1-2 days a week for 45 min - 90 min per class.
• Must understand Arts & Learning Conservatory’s Vision, Values and Objectives and be willing to incorporate them when performing job-related tasks.
• Implement standards-based curriculum for grades 3-6.
• Working knowledge of instruments, effective methods and strategies.
• Must show evidence of ability to use appropriate and effective class room management methods in instructing children.
• Degree in Music Education, or courses to meet requirements.
• Exceptional elementary school skills/experience.
• Encourage and develop confidence in students with patience.
• Create an atmosphere of team work and commitment.
• Treat everyone with fairness and respect.
Stipend $25-40/hour: Commensurate with experience
You will be assigned to a mentor teacher to help you through your first year with Arts and Learning Conservatory.
Please visit our website for further information. www.artsandlearning.org
The Careers page has the information where to email your cover letter and resume.
If you have any questions or concerns please reply through this craigslist thread.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities