compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Hebrew Academy, Orange County (HAOC) General Studies Teacher
The Hebrew Academy implements a unique, dynamic, and innovative dual curriculum using current standards and research-based instructional strategies to achieve outstanding outcomes for students in K-12.
Our Judaic and General Studies educators collaborate to create a classroom learning environment that is stimulating and academically rigorous. Successful Hebrew Academy teachers have:
* A California teaching certificate in multiple or single subjects;
* At least three years of demonstrated, successful experience teaching;
* A passionate, charismatic, student-centered approach to teaching;
* Proven track record demonstrating recognized standards of instruction and effective methods of assessment;
*A desire to serve as a role model to students, teachers, and parents;
* A strong work ethic and skills to collaborate;
* Commitment to preparing students for high school, college, or seminary and beyond; and
* A desire to participate actively in a vibrant school community.
* Working closely with the Head of School, Principal and Vice Principals to ensure successful implementation of school vision and goals;
* Setting the tone of the school including support of our core values: kindness, respect, courtesy, gratitude and truth
* Implementing technology with traditional and progressive models of instruction;
* Developing and implementing general studies curriculum in collaboration with Judaic studies teachers (weekly collaboration meetings);
*Providing enrichment classes until 4:15 pm on Wednesdays;
*Attending and participating in all staff meetings and in-services called by administration;
* Staying current with the latest education practices;
* Cooperating with the administration to recruit new students;
* Representing the school at Hebrew Academy community events;
* Establishing and maintaining a climate of respect, and encouraging a positive student attitude toward the school's educational program and physical plant; and
* Other duties as requested by the administration.
With 200+ students and a state-of-the-art campus, The Hebrew Academy of Orange County (HAOC), founded in 1965, is the only K – 12 Orthodox Jewish Day School in Orange County and Long Beach. The school offers an innovative curriculum preparing students with the blend of knowledge, skills, commitment and creativity for success in the future centuries and it provides an environment in which students flourish academically and are prepared for leadership and active engagement in American society and the Jewish community. HAOC is accredited by the State of California and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
The Hebrew Academy, Orange County is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers