Family Seeking Exceptional Housecleaner and All-around Helper
I'm looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to fulfill a unique set of needs. I'm the busy parent of four young kids under 10 years old, and I need someone who has the skill and motivation to help. This position is for someone from Monday through Thursday, either 7-9:30 PM or 6:30-9:00 AM.
If you genuinely love solving problems, being super-organized, creating efficient house systems, and working in a demanding environment, then this job could be for you.
But before we go further, I have a WARNING: I’m not the easiest person to work with. In fact, I’m very challenging. I move fast. I’m impatient. I don’t like mistakes.
Some people see me as “cold”, “too blunt”, or “short” in my interactions. That happens because I have a demanding schedule working with other high-performers who require me to be at my best.
There’s no room in our schedules for long conversations about irrelevant items, or room for error or miscommunication.
You need to operate at a high level and ensure that nothing falls through the cracks with your own system or checklists.
All that said, you must be the type of person that thrives in this fast-paced environment and keep our household running.
To do that, I need you to be very organized, a clear thinker, and someone who works quickly. You’ll be organizing my house and administrative items, taking care of the logistics so that our lives go smoothly.
The perfect person for this position looks for any way they might help make my day easier. This means that my Housekeeper will spend much of their time making sure my house operates like a well-oiled machine.
You will help me with the following:
Maintain stock of cleaning supplies
Maintain stock of household supplies
Maintain shopping lists
Laundry (Wash, Fold, Put Away)
Prep and pack meals (picnic style)
Take out trash & recycling
Prep dinner (occasional)
Bring trash cans to curb on trash day
Run light errands (post office, all within 10 miles of the house)
Coordinate online orders
Coordinate vendors as needed (plumber, electrician, etc)
In short, the right person has to be willing to do virtually anything that needs to be done and they have to do it with a smile on their face.
The right person is:
- Has experience as a housekeeper to a busy, constantly on-the-go, high performing, and demanding family
- Incredibly proactive. They look for things that need to be done and they do them. They don't wait around until they are told to do something.
- Organized. I need someone who is deeply, obsessively organized and makes the house is being tidied up all the time. This is no small feat with 4 kids.
- Flexible. You need to be comfortable when plans change when things go wrong. I need someone with a cool head and a can-do attitude.
- Positive. You have to be positive. I don't want to hear about your problems. I don't want to hear complaints. I want to hear what you're doing to make each day a great day. I want to see you smiling.
- Has a super-clean record. I'll do a detailed background check on you. If you've been in trouble in the past, don't apply.
- Has extreme love for kids. I have four and they are busy, fun and loud. If this frustrates you, do not apply!
- Has love for dogs. I have one and he’ll be here every day.
- Is an excellent communicator: both written and verbal. We will text and talk throughout the week and I expect you to communicate clearly.
- Has discretion and can maintain confidentiality. I'm extremely private. I demand complete discretion and confidentiality. Because of this, the more I trust you, the more rewarding the job will be for you.
- And bonus points if you’re a perfectionist. There’s nothing wrong with getting things right.
Compensation is fully negotiable. I'm willing to pay for the right person. And, that's the starting point.
So, if you think you might be the right person for this job, send me your resume and, more importantly, a cover letter. I don't want a generic cover letter… Instead, tell me why, in detail, you are the right person for this position along with your compensation requirements.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers