condition: excellent cylinders: 6 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 42000 paint color: blue size: compact title status: clean transmission: automatic type: convertible
QR Code Link to This Post
Beautifully restored 1964 Corvair finished in new silver blue paint and a new saddle interior. It is powered by a correct 110 horsepower 1964 engine. The tires are BF Goodrich silvertown bias-ply white walls. The new convertible top is a matching saddle.
This Corvair has undergone a 2-year restoration process including the following:
1. The entire car was sand-blasted down to the metal on the exterior, interior, underbody, engine compartment, and trunk. It is painted with a two-stage silver blue and finished with a clear.
2. The seats and carpet are new from Clark's Corvair Parts with new seat cushions under the front seats.
3. New rings and honed cylinders.
4. New connecting rod bearings.
5. Head work including, new springs, new valves as needed and lapped valve seats.
6. New upgraded Petronix electronic ignition for reliability.
7. New blower bearing and idler pulley bearing to help prevent belts from coming off.
8. The DC generator was upgraded to an alternator for added electrical power and reliability.
9. The engine compartment and all its components cleaned and painted.
10. Fully rebuilt correct 1964 carburetors including new throttle shafts.
11. New pitman arm bushing.
12. The brake system has been gone through including new hoses, wheel cylinders and new brake shoes where necessary.
13. Upgraded brakes to dual master cylinder for added safety.
14. New rubber including, vent window rubber, new fuzzy's, new front trunk rubber, new back trunk rubber, and new rubber around the windshield.
15. New fuel sending unit in the gas tank.
It drives, accelerates, and brakes as a well running 1964 Corvair should.
The odometer reads 42k, but the actual mileage is unknown.
To watch a YouTube video on the car click on:
The car is registered through November 2021 with a clean title in hand
The price is firm.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers