compensation: DOE minimum of $23/hour +++ employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
QCP is growing! We’re what happens when functional concrete meets innovative artisanship. Although QCP has been in business for more than 40 years, we are in growth mode and are looking for an Estimator to help us keep our commitments to our sales team (and our clients!). The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required to manufacture concrete architectural amenities and furniture like planters, benches, waste containers, and tables.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career, help grow a thriving company and have fun doing it. You will be mentored by QCP’s Director of Pre-Construction Services and Estimating who loves seeing new talent grow their skills.
What Can You Expect?
You will serve as a collaborative member of the team and help the company achieve its growth and profit objectives. This position is expected to be in our comfortable Norco office for collaboration and will have plenty of interaction with our team.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
• Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience would be great but not required!
• OR a minimum of 3 years construction trade knowledge with familiarity with nomenclature, drawings and reading and understanding specs
• Advanced excel and spreadsheet knowledge (ability to create complex equations/calculations)
• 2+ years experience with BlueBeam
• 2+ years experience with Take-Off documentation
• Must be software proficient and have the ability to write professionally regarding the scope of the bid and what is and is not included
• As this position will interact regularly with our sales and marketing teams, a proactive communication style will be helpful!
QCP’s exceptional Estimator also embodies these key attributes:
• Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results oriented “doer.”
• Deals effectively not with just concrete, tangible problems but with abstract, conceptual matters.
What we offer
• Employer contributes toward medical insurance premiums
• 401(k) Plan
• Paid holidays
• Casual, blue jean environment
We’d love to hear from you and what you can contribute to QCP as well as what we can do to help you grow. Please provide resume, salary expectations and an intro letter. We’d like to get to know you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers