The HR Generalist will establish and maintain valued business partnerships. They will enhance culture through employee interactions, drive a value added HR function, and provide day-to-day HR support within the region.
QR Code Link to This Post
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
• Establish and maintain valued business partnership. enhances culture through employee interactions drive a value added HR function
• Provide day-to day HR support within the region
• Collaborate and coordinate with the business across the HR function answering routine employee questions, maintain employment files, process improvement, reporting and analysis
• Provide advice to management team on relative HR/ER issues; monitors performance improvement
• Support management with disciplinary and termination processes
• Accuracy and maintenance of HR data
• Work collaboratively with other members of the HR team and total operations
• Administer various human resources functions and procedures for all regional company personnel
• Act as consultant and coach to management and employees in the area of employee relations and conducts exit interviews
• Administer regional workers’ compensation program coordinating with the branch Warehouse and Office Managers
• Maintain Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from database
• Facilitate in-house management training; coordinate various other training programs
• Applies knowledge of employment laws, employee relations practices and HR disciplines
• Contribute to the development of human resource projects and initiatives
• Identifies and diagnoses issues proactively and develops, recommends and implements root cause solutions
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resource or Business Administration preferred
• Minimum of five or more years of Human Resources experience required
• Experience with unions is a plus
• Professional in maintaining a high level of confidentiality
• Knowledge of employment laws, employee relations practices and HR disciplines
• In-depth understanding of HR practices, employee relations, fundamentals, and laws/regulations required
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office products and HRIS system experience
• Must have effective interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)