QR Code Link to This Post
The Finance Manager will manage the daily financial activities of the company?s divisions and ensure that project and department milestones are met and adhering to approved budgets. This positions will direct and coordinate budgeting activities and the implementation of the organizations budget policies.
- Monitors actual performance against estimates and prepares annual and intermediate budgets
- Reviews operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Responsible for the preparation, coordination and documentation of complex financial analysis projects
- Provides analysis of forward-looking financial and business-related projects
- Prepares forecasts, budgets and analysis of trends
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior leadership
- May conduct special financial and business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses
- Oversees the budget process and works with managers to produce and manage effective budgets.
- Acts as an advisor to management on budgeting and forecasting related issues
- May assist with the preparation of materials for board or shareholders.
- Coordinates appropriations for division and specific programs
Create accurate budgets and forecasts
Present information in a professional, user-friendly manner
Successful communication to field on budgeting and forecasting
- 3-5 years? experience in Finance
- 1-2 years budgeting and forecasting experience
- Bachelor?s Degree in comparable field preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Effectively communicate in writing and verbally including by telephone and in-person with internal staff, external customers
- Demonstrated sound business judgment
- Business presentation skills
- Advanced computer skill level using MS Office, Access, SQL Server
- Ability to create queries in Peoplesoft environment a plus
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors
- Ability to work in office environment
- Flexibility and ability to work non-standard business hours and travel occasionally
- Own method of transportation to and from work
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during working hours
*Volt is an equal opportunity employer*