About The Company:
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a growing accounting firm that provides valuable accounting, payroll, tax and advisory services to small business and high net-worth individuals. Small businesses are the backbone of our economy and there is nothing that we love more than to help them flourish and succeed.
We are an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality products and services. Credit for this goes to each of our employees. We strive to create a work environment in which our employees will find satisfaction and take pride in their work with us.
Learn more at: https://ouzonaccounting.com/
Provides a variety of bookkeeping, accounting, compliance, and payroll processing functions for multiple clients. Assist clients with a variety of business-related projects and questions. Full time and part time positions are available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
-Bookkeeping functions including entering transactions into accounting system, allocating and classifying transactions and setting-up clients files.
-Maintaining records according to generally accepted accounting principles or other principles including keeping records of general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciliation of bank statements.
-Ongoing processing of payroll for multiple clients which includes entering payroll information, reviewing and verifying clients entries, preparing and filing periodic payroll tax forms.
- Preparing federal, state, local tax documents by assembling and analyzing financial information; completing forms using software
- Contacting clients frequently to obtain required accounting and payroll data.
- Establishing and maintaining confidential employee files and employer/business files
- Researching and resolving accounting-related questions, concerns, and problems for clients in a friendly and timely manner.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Leveraging technology to improve current processes.
- Upholding professionalism by providing courteous customer service to visitors and clients.
- Secretarial duties like answering phone calls, making appointments, and preparing mail.
Performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Completion of college-level relevant coursework including: Intermediate accounting, business law, business writing.
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with Accounting software (such as Quickbooks) is preferred.
- Good business writing and communication skills
- Previous payroll and/or bookkeeping experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced continuously changing environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential material.
FLSA & Employment Status
The position is a non-exempt part time or full time.