compensation: Please include desired salary with resume submission employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Ju-Ju-Be (www.ju-ju-be.com) is a fashion bags, wallet, purse and accessory company based in Irvine, CA, specializing in manufacturing diaper bags, handbags, laptop bags and related accessories for parents on the go.
Do you dream about perfecting Excel formulas, know your way around in-depth spreadsheets like the back of your hand, and can spot a transcription error from a mile away? We are looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant to join our growing team in Irvine, CA. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 5 – 7 years of progressively responsible roles, ideally in a consumer goods or products company. Only local candidates will be considered.
He or she must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, advanced knowledge of Excel, the ability to work with minimal supervision, the ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines, thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process. Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Verify accuracy of expense coding/other postings related to Accounts Payable
• Analyze expenses and expense accruals to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
• Review vendor statement reconciliations, and reconcile prepaid account
• Ensure timely vendor payments and application of reasonable discounts
• Reconcile monthly credit card transactions, and process bank reconciliations
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
• Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Perform month end and year end closing functions, and assist in year-end audit.
• Prepare audit schedules that may be requested by the auditors and assist with questions
• Sales & Use Tax Reporting
• Cost of goods sold and inventory reconciliation
• AR, and payroll reconciliations
• Ensure accurate and timely state and federal reporting
• Prepare and post journal entries to general ledger accounts.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
• Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities.
• Maintain lease schedules for property and equipment, 571-L property tax filings, and lease schedules
Job Requirements/ Qualifications/Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 5-7 years prior experience managing high volume e-commerce business and COGS accounting.
• Experience in the consumer goods industry strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical and organization skills, with strong attention to detail
• An appropriate sense of urgency to complete tasks according to the team schedule
• Advanced Excel and data management skills: e.g., pivot tables, V-lookups, etc.
• Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills
• Full Circle experience a plus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities